KZN are looking for a cloud systems engineer who is passionate about their craft, wants to learn and grow as we do.
Position: Cloud Systems Engineer
Basis: Permanent Full-time
Location: Perth, WA, AU
KZN Group is a customer obsessed lean start-up that adopts the best bits of enterprise practices and has a passion for continuously improving (it’s in our name after all!). We are Western Australia’s first “born in the cloud” Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting Partner and whilst we are small, our ambitions and our clients are not. We are growing quickly and we are looking for talented and intelligent people to join us on the journey. You must be an adaptable self-starter who gets things done and sees things through to completion – even when it seems like the universe is conspiring against you! You should be creative, a pragmatic problem solver and comfortable innovating. Oh, and an engaging personality and sense of humour will go a long way.
What you’ll do
- Support customers at every stage of their journey to the AWS Cloud
- Analyse on-premises enterprise application portfolios and suitability for cloud migration
- Assist with the design, planning and execution customer migrations from on-premises infrastructure to the AWS Cloud
- Identify application candidates for re-architecture leveraging managed services or serverless architectures
- Make right-sizing and configuration recommendations based on cloud application performance profiles
- Implement monitoring and alerting, and respond to service desk incidents
- Solve complex problems, interact with all sorts of people, build stuff that matters, be proud and learn something new on a daily basis
- Develop our big ideas into products we can take to market to simplify the lives of our future customers
- Work closely with team members and share your knowledge – empire builders need not apply
- Apply automation, industry-leading methodology and expert judgement to optimise quality, risk and value
What you’ll need to be passionate about
- The infinite and transformative potential of cloud computing
- Optimising, automating and continuously improving
- Giving back to your industry or community
What you’ll need to demonstrate to be considered for the role
- 3-4 years’ experience in an enterprise systems administration or engineering role
- Basic understanding of general enterprise IT technologies, such as Servers, Networking and Storage
- Exposure to the Microsoft enterprise application stack, such as:
- Windows Server 2012+
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- Scripting and automation in your language of choice (Powershell, Python, Unix shells etc)
- Familiarity with Linux and open source technologies
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with substantial influence, establish positive stakeholder relationships and manage competing priorities whilst always remaining fully customer focused.
- Working knowledge of consultancy services is desirable.
It won’t hurt if you have
- A Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Exposure to software development processes (version control, SDLC, pipelines, source control etc).
- Understanding of enterprise software licensing models and constraints, including Microsoft
- Experience with AWS services including EC2, Systems Manager, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, S3, Lambda
What we offer
- Collaborative Lean-Agile process environment where everyone’s voice is heard and opinion is valued
- Opportunity to become an expert for Cloud technologies
- A genuinely varied and challenging role that is guaranteed to take you out of your comfort zone
- A culture that rewards innovation and isn’t afraid to fail fast – failing is a vital part of success after all
- A funky central CBD office with end of trip facilities and a well stocked fridge
- Truly flexible working hours and time-off in lieu (TOIL) when you need to burn the midnight oil to hit those big deadlines
- Guaranteed growth and development through a combination of formal and informal training and mentoring
- Regular social events
- Really smart colleagues
- And there’s more in the pipeline as we grow
How to express your interest
If you like the sound of The KZN Way, let’s talk. Send a copy of your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling… Go on… be one of us!
PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA. NO AGENCY CVS PLEASE.