KZN are looking for expressions of interest in a Business Analyst role, for
someone who is passionate about their craft, wants to learn and grow as we
About the role
KZN Group is a customer obsessed lean start-up that adopts the best bits of
enterprise practices and has a passion for continuously improving (it’s in
our name after all!). We are Western Australia’s first “born in the cloud”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting Partner and whilst we are small, our
ambitions and our clients are not. We are growing quickly and we are
looking for talented and intelligent people to join us on the journey. You
must be an adaptable self-starter who gets things done and sees things
through to completion – even when it seems like the universe is conspiring
against you! You should be creative, a pragmatic problem solver and
comfortable innovating. Oh, and an engaging personality and sense of humor
will go a long way.
What you’ll do
- Work with customer stakeholders to understand and document the current
state of business processes and solutions.
- Using collaborative, interactive, and novel techniques, help customer
stakeholders envision the future state of business processes and
- Capture a description of the future state using a variety of artefacts,
including functional specifications and the Solution Intent.
- Deliver key elements of systems design, including process maps, business
rules, workflows, data migration rules, and wireframes.
- Gather and document both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Build and refine the project backlog by writing epics and user stories,
including the specification of acceptance criteria to an appropriate
level of detail.
- Assist the customer Product Owner and project manager understand the
business value, business priorities, and technical dependencies between
epics and stories.
- Facilitate the delivery of smaller projects by performing the Scrum
- Embed a culture of customer obsession and service excellence, innovation
and continuous improvement founded on cohesiveness, team work and
- Other duties as directed.
What you’ll need to demonstrate to be considered for the role
- Either a relevant University degree with minimum of 4 years’ industry
experience, or 7 years’ industry experience.
- Ability to elicit both functional and non-functional requirements from
customer stakeholders of varying backgrounds and technical understanding.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confidence
facilitating and leading workshops and face-to-face meetings.
- Ability to communicate clear and unambiguous requirements, to both
non-technical and technical audiences, which optimise the creative output
of the Scrum team.
- Experience using tools and techniques to anticipate, recognise, and
resolve problems which may occur in an agile environment.
- Good understanding of project management methodologies, especially Scrum,
Lean, and PRINCE2 or PRINCE2 Agile.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle. Extra kudos for
analysts that have previously assisted with the development of commercial
- An understanding of cloud platforms and delivering infrastructure as
code. Extra kudos for analysts with hands-on experience deploying
solutions to the AWS cloud.
- Proficient in common agile tools and platforms, such as Atlassian’s Jira
- Possesses a problem-solving mindset, offering creative ideas.
- Agile and/or Scrum certification or demonstrated experience working in an
agile environment within a Scrum team.
- Proven ability to communicate with substantial influence, establish
positive stakeholder relationships and manage competing priorities whilst
always remaining fully customer focused.
- Working knowledge of consultancy services is desirable.
It won’t hurt if you have
- A Tertiary qualification (preferably post-grad) in an Information
Technology or Design-related discipline
- Experience with one (or more) of the public clouds, in particular AWS
- A cool open source project you’ve been working on
What we offer
- Collaborative Lean-Agile process environment where everyones voice is
heard and opinion is valued
- A genuinely varied and challenging role that is guaranteed to take you
out of your comfort zone
- A culture that rewards innovation and isn’t afraid to fail fast – failing
is a vital part of success after all
- A funky central CBD office with end of trip facilities and a well stocked
- Truly flexible working hours and time-off in lieu (TOIL) when you need to
burn the midnight oil to hit those big deadlines
- Guaranteed growth and development through a combination of formal and
informal training and mentoring
- Regular social events
- Really smart colleagues
- And there’s more in the pipeline as we grow
How to express your interest
If you like the sound of The KZN Way, let’s talk. Send a copy of your
resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com to
get the ball rolling… Go on… be one of us!
Please note that at this time we are only able to accept applications from
permanent residents of Australia. No agency CVs please.