KZN are looking for expressions of interest in a Full-Stack UX Developer
role, for someone who is passionate about their craft, wants to learn and
grow as we do.
About the role
KZN Group is a customer obsessed lean start-up that adopts the best bits of
enterprise practices and has a passion for continuously improving (it’s in
our name after all!). We are Western Australia’s first “born in the cloud”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting Partner and whilst we are small, our
ambitions and our clients are not. We are growing quickly and we are
looking for talented and intelligent people to join us on the journey. You
must be an adaptable self-starter who gets things done and sees things
through to completion – even when it seems like the universe is conspiring
against you! You should be creative, a pragmatic problem solver and
comfortable innovating. Oh, and an engaging personality and sense of humor
will go a long way.
What you’ll do
- Full-stack development of UX solutions, products and projects for our new
and existing customers
- Solve complex problems, interact with all sorts of people, build stuff
that matters, be proud and learn something new on a daily basis
- Develop our big ideas into products we can take to market to simplify the
lives of our future customers
- Use Agile practices such as Scrum, TDD, CI/CD as part of your everyday
- Work closely with team members and share your knowledge – empire builders
need not apply
- Apply automation, pragmatic design consideration, industry-leading
methodology and expert judgement to optimise quality, risk and value
What you’ll need to be passionate about
- Full-stack – Learning new languages, frameworks and tools across all
- Using data collection and automation to continuously inform better
- Optimising, automating and continuously improving
- Giving back to your industry or community
- Building robots to kill all humans… just out of curiosity, of course
What you’ll need to demonstrate to be considered for the role
- Either a relevant University degree with minimum of 4 years’ industry
experience, or 7 years’ industry experience.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user
- Proven experience designing intuitive user experiences and implementing
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, and
are aware of common cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work
- Experience with single page application frameworks such as Vue.js,
React.js or Angular and appropriate dependency management and packaging
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page
updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will
adhere to them.
- Good understanding of accessibility standards, with an ability to design
and implement interfaces which are functional across devices and user
- Strong UX and UI portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Agile and/or Scrum Certification or demonstrated experience in Agile
and/or Scrum processes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with substantial influence, establish
positive stakeholder relationships and manage competing priorities whilst
always remaining fully customer focused.
- Working knowledge of consultancy services is desirable.
It won’t hurt if you have
- A Tertiary qualification (preferably post-grad) in an Information
Technology or Design-related discipline
- Experience with one (or more) of the public clouds, in particular AWS
- A cool open source project you’ve been working on
What we offer
- Collaborative Lean-Agile process environment where everyones voice is
heard and opinion is valued
- A genuinely varied and challenging role that is guaranteed to take you
out of your comfort zone
- A culture that rewards innovation and isn’t afraid to fail fast – failing
is a vital part of success after all
- A funky central CBD office with end of trip facilities and a well stocked
- Truly flexible working hours and time-off in lieu (TOIL) when you need to
burn the midnight oil to hit those big deadlines
- Guaranteed growth and development through a combination of formal and
informal training and mentoring
- Regular social events
- Really smart colleagues
- And there’s more in the pipeline as we grow
How to express your interest
If you like the sound of The KZN Way, let’s talk. Send a copy of your
resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org to
get the ball rolling… Go on… be one of us!
Please note that at this time we are only able to accept applications from
permanent residents of Australia. No agency CVs please.